The website [insert website] is operated by Novocure GmbH (hereafter „Novocure“, „we“ or „our“).
Novocure GmbH is responsible for the contents of the website, which concern data protection. We recognize the importance of your personal data and are committed to respecting and protecting it.
Under certain circumstances, our use of your personal data is governed by the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (commonly known as „HIPAA“).
Information on the collection of personal data
Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour. Jointly responsible pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 of the EU General Protection Regulation (GDPR) are:
CH-6039 Root D4
You can reach our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following postal address:
CH-6039 Root D4
Attn: EU Data Protection Officer Anastasios Papadopoulos; c/o Todd Longworth, General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
Phone +41 41 455 36 00
When you contact us by e-mail or via our contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address and your name, possibly your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. It may also include specific types of personal information, such as information about your state of health and information about an adverse event that you report in your email/message. The collection and processing of this data is carried out exclusively for the purpose of processing your request in accordance with your wishes and providing the service you have requested, such as sending you marketing materials (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b and f GDPR). The data will only be stored for as long as is necessary to process your request or due to statutory retention periods. We delete the data arising in this connection after the storage is no longer necessary, or restrict the processing if there are legal storage obligations.
If we wish to use external contract service providers for individual functions of our offer or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes. We also specify the fixed criteria for the storage period.
You have the following rights against us with regard to your personal data:
– Right to information,
– Right to rectification or deletion,
– Right to limit the processing,
– Right to object to the processing,
– Right to data transferability.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Contents of the request (concrete page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– amount of data transferred in each case
– Website from which the request originates
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the location that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
Data transfer to so-called third countries
We belong to NovoCure Limited, a global group of affiliates with databases in different countries. Personal data collected on this website may be transferred, stored and otherwise processed to various destinations outside the European Economic Area („the EEA“), including countries whose data protection provisions are not comparable to those in the EEA countries in which your personal data has been provided. By providing your personal data, there is a separate request of your consent to this transfer, storage or processing. For example, if you provide your information for direct marketing purposes, your personal information will be sent to the United States.
Novocure has an international presence and for contractual or medical purposes must also share your data with so-called third countries within the Novocure Group, in particular to Novocure Inc., (Portsmouth NH, Malvern PA, New York, NY USA). Therefore, Novocure has organised this data transfer by means of the corresponding so-called EU Standard Clauses.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We take appropriate steps, including technical, administrative and technical security measures that are constantly updated, to protect the personal data we provide against loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and deletion. However, Internet security or transmission processes are not one hundred percent secure. Although we make every effort to protect your personal information, we can not guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; each transmission
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
– Transient Cookies (see b)
– Cookies (see c).
- b) Transient Cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- c) Persistent Cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
- d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
- e) When you visit our website, we place a „cookie“ on your computer for the allocation of a session ID and based on the content prepared in accordance with your interests; This allows you to use our website more easily during further visits. Internet browsers usually allow cookies to be deleted from the hard drive or blocked, or warned when a cookie appears. It is up to you whether you accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings so that you have the option to decline cookies. If you block cookies on your computer, you may not be able to access all features and features of the website.
f)For more information about cookies and where they are placed and how they are managed and how they can be deleted, see www.allaboutcookies.org.